Article 2 (Definition)
(1) “This Site” nanostudio, the fashion EC site operated by the Company
(5) "Password" A string of letters and numbers to be entered in combination with the e-mail to obtain the authentication used when the member logs in.
(6) "Anti-Social Forces" Designated organized crime groups, members or related parties of designated organized crime groups, and other anti-social organizations that engage in activities contrary to public welfare.
Article 3 (Notice)
2. If the Company notifies members by sending e-mails or posting them on this site based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph, such notices to members shall be sent by e-mail or posted on this site. shall take effect from the time it is made.
Article 4 (Regarding membership registration)
2. When registering as a member, you shall register information that is not false. If there is any change in the member's registered information, the member shall promptly perform the prescribed procedures.
3. Minors may not apply for registration without the prior consent of a qualified legal representative.
(2) When there are false entries, errors, or omissions when registering as a member
(4) Members of anti-social forces or related parties, or when the Company determines that there is a risk of such
(5) When the Company deems it inappropriate
Article 5 (Regarding Password Management)
1. The Company and the Service shall not be involved in the management of member passwords. Members shall not disclose, lend, share, transfer, trade, etc. their passwords to third parties, and shall manage them strictly so as not to leak them to third parties. The Company considers all use by the member's password and other actions to be use by the member.
2. The Company shall not be liable for any damages caused by insufficient management of passwords, etc. by members, errors in use, use by third parties, etc.
3. If the member's password is known to a third party, or if there is a suspicion that the member's password is being used by a third party, the member shall immediately notify the Company to that effect and follow the Company's instructions. This shall be followed in some cases. In this case, the Company may suspend the member password, etc. as an unauthorized account.
4. Members shall be obliged to change their passwords periodically, and the Company shall not be held responsible for any damage caused by neglecting this obligation.
Article 6 (Regarding e-mail magazines, etc.)
Members agree that the Company may distribute information regarding the Service, notices regarding system maintenance, and other information deemed appropriate by the Company to Members by means of e-mail, etc.
Article 7 (Regarding Changes to Notification Matters, etc.)
If there is a change in the matters notified to the Company at the time of membership application, the member shall notify the Company without delay using the form prescribed by the Company.
Notices from the Company to members shall be deemed to have reached the member when they should have normally reached the member by sending them to the contact address that the member applied to the Company.
Article 8 (Withdrawal)
A member may withdraw from membership by following the procedures prescribed by the Company. After completing the withdrawal procedure at our company, you will be withdrawn.
In the event that a member dies, or if there is any other reason that makes it impossible to use his or her membership, the Company shall deem the member to have withdrawn from membership at that time and suspend the use of the member password.
Article 9 (Regarding provision of member registration information to third parties)
1. The Company may provide member registration information to a third party in the following cases.
(1) When there is consent of the person
(2) If the Company decides to comply with a request for disclosure of registered information by a court, public prosecutor's office, police, tax office, bar association, consumer center, or an organization with equivalent authority;
(3) Disclosure to insurance companies for insurance claims
(4) When transferring the member's order information or application information to a business operator entrusted with the provision of products or other incidental services, etc.
(5) When disclosing to a business operator entrusting payment settlement
(6) When outsourcing all or part of our business to a third party
(7) When disclosing to a person who has a confidentiality obligation to us
(8) When necessary to exercise our rights
(9) Disclosure to the successor of the business at the time of business succession due to merger, business transfer or other reasons
(10) When permitted by the Personal Information Protection Law or other laws and regulations
(11) Other cases where the Company determines that disclosure is appropriate
Article 10 (Regarding change and suspension of this service)
For the purpose of proper operation of the Service, the Company may change the content or specifications of the Service, or suspend or discontinue the provision of the Service, without prior notice to Members. The Company shall not be held responsible for any damages or disadvantages incurred by members due to changes, suspensions, cancellations, etc.
Article 11 (Regarding Prohibited Acts of Members)
1. Members shall not engage in any of the following acts when using the Service.
(1) Acts of using this service for illegal purposes
(2) Acts that infringe intellectual property rights, portrait rights, publicity rights and other rights
(3) Acts that violate privacy
(4) Defamation, insults, or acts that interfere with the work of others
(5) Acts that lead to crimes such as fraud
(6) Acts that violate the Act on Prevention of Unauthorized Computer Access, acts that fall under the crime of computer damage or other business obstruction (Article 234-2 of the Penal Code), or illegal operations on the computers of the Company or others. act of doing
(7) Acts of transmitting or providing harmful programs such as computer viruses, or acts of recommending them;
(8) Any other criminal act or any act that violates laws and regulations
(9) Acts of falsifying or erasing information of the Company, members or other third parties;
(10) Improper use of facilities of the Company, members or other third parties to impede their operation
(11) All business activities using the member's status without the approval of the Company
(12) Acts that interfere with the operation of this service, or acts that damage the trust of our company
(13) Other acts that the Company deems inappropriate
Article 12 (Regarding the scope of our responsibility)
1. The Company does not guarantee that the content of the Service is free of defects or bugs.
2. The Company does not guarantee that Members will not be damaged by harmful programs such as computer viruses when using the Service. In addition, we are not responsible for any damage caused by them.
3. The Company shall not bear any communication costs incurred when the User uses the Service.
4. Under no circumstances shall the Company compensate for lost profits, indirect damages, consequential damages, special damages, attorney's fees, or any other damages not stipulated in this Article.
5. The Company shall not be liable for damages incurred by members due to force majeure such as natural disasters, riots, riots, fires, power outages, etc., regardless of liability for default, tort liability, or other legal causes. shall not be held liable.
6. The Company shall not be held responsible for the accuracy of information obtained through the use of this service, suitability for specific purposes, etc.
7. The Company shall not be held responsible for any damage caused by the information obtained through the use of the services of this site.
8. In the event that a dispute arises between a member and another member or a third party regarding the information and services provided through this site, the member shall resolve the dispute at his/her own expense and responsibility. shall not cause damage to
9. The Company shall not be held responsible for any disputes arising from the fulfillment of obligations related to transactions such as goods sales between members and third parties conducted through this site, and other transactions.
10. If the Company decides not to repair all or part of the Service due to force majeure or other reasons not attributable to the Company as described in the preceding paragraph, it will notify the Member to that effect and terminate the Service. We may discontinue all or part of the service.
Article 13 (Governing law and court jurisdiction)
Article 16 (Purchase of Products)
1. Members may purchase products, etc. from the Company using the Service.
2. If a Member wishes to purchase a Product, etc., the Member shall apply for the purchase or use of the Product, etc., in accordance with the method separately designated by the Company.
3. In connection with the application in the preceding paragraph, after confirming the delivery address, order details, etc. entered and registered by the member and clicking the button to place the order, the member will receive an e-mail confirming the order details from the Company. At that time, a sales contract concerning the product, etc. shall be established between the member and the Company.
4. Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, if there is any fraudulent or inappropriate act regarding the use of this service, the Company shall be able to cancel or terminate the sales contract or take other appropriate measures.
5. Delivery of products, etc. by this service is limited to within Japan.
Article 17 (Regarding returns and exchanges of products, etc.)
1. Products can be returned or exchanged within 14 days of shipment. In addition, even if you wish to exchange the product, it may not be possible to exchange it for reasons such as the shortage of the product. In such a case, the Company shall refund the payment for the product, etc.
2. The member shall apply for the return or exchange specified in the preceding paragraph in accordance with the procedures separately determined by the Company, and the Company shall bear all shipping charges for the returned or exchanged product.
Article 18 (Payment Method)
1. The payment amount for products, etc. will be the sum of the purchase price of products, etc., including consumption tax, and various related fees.
2. Payment for products purchased through this service shall be limited to payment by credit card in the member's name or payment methods separately approved by the Company.
3. In the case of payment by credit card, the Member shall comply with the terms of a separate contract with the credit card company. In addition, if any dispute arises between the member and the credit card company, etc. in connection with the use of the credit card, the member and the credit card company shall be responsible for resolving it.
Article 19 (Exemption from liability for products, etc.)
1. The Company shall not be responsible for the quality, material, function, performance, compatibility with other products, other defects, and any damage, loss, or inconvenience caused by these, with respect to the Service and the products sold through the Service. Except for the cases specified in the preceding article, we shall not bear any guarantees or burdens regarding profits, etc.
2. Regarding troubles due to unknown delivery address, etc., the Company will contact the contact information registered by the member and deliver the product etc. to the delivery address specified at the time of product purchase. You shall fulfill your delivery obligations and be discharged from such obligations.